1. Visit https://sothebys.com/createaccount.
2. Enter requested information, including your full legal name, and click ‘Sign up’.
3. Check your inbox for a verification message to the email address you provided. Click ‘Confirm email’ to verify your email address.
4. Once your email address has been verified, click ‘Complete profile’ to get your account ready to bid, buy, and sell with Sotheby’s.
5. Complete the requested profile information and click ‘Continue’.
6. Review your information for accuracy and click ‘Submit’.
7. Sotheby’s will create a transactional account number for you to bid with.
8. Before transacting, you must provide valid government-issued photo identification and proof of address. Click ‘Upload ID’ for instructions on how to Upload your ID using the Sotheby’s app. Once you have uploaded your identification, Sotheby’s will verify your ID and your profile information and inform you if we require anything more.
Please note some auctions and lots require additional financial verification such as a bank reference. A member of our team will contact you if this is necessary.